(NEW YORK, NY) — The competition is high in this buyer’s market and there’s no time to waste. Get your home into tip-top shape in five quick, easy and affordable steps.
- Do a Little Landscaping: Mow the lawn, pick the weeds, make it green! A buyer’s first impression is what’s going to keep them coming back for more. Make them say “Wow” before even walking through the front door.
- Remove Clutter: Make sure your buyer knows that they are not buying your home but a home. Don’t leave personal items around, put away anything that you wouldn’t see in a magazine photo: phone chargers, laptops, dishes in the sink, dog toys.
- Eliminate Stinky Odors: Welcome the buyers into your home with fresh, homey scents. Bake cookies and leave them out before a showing or light some candles (also used for cozy ambiance).
- Color Correcting: Repainting is a cheap efficient way to make your home look brand new. Choose neutral colors like gray or eggshell, this helps the buyer gain a better picture of how they can decorate their new home.
- Make it Shine: A buyers eye will catch the dust that’s been collecting in corners around the house, Make sure to leave those ceiling fans, door frames and caddy corners spotless.